Job Category: Quality & Compliance
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a QIDP.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.QIDP Responsibilities
This position oversees delivery of consumer support services for assigned location. Supervises personnel to achieve service, clinical, and financial objectives within general resource and reimbursement models. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements through quality assurance activities. Multiple resource and/or reimbursement models may be involved in achieving objectives with broad guidelines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures consumer and guardian participation in development of service plan and personal futures plan.
- Coordinates development of each person(s) served personal futures plan.
- Coordinates scheduling of team meetings (times, dates, locations, etc.) and informs all team members of such.
- Schedules and chairs screening for program vacancies.
- Develops waiting list for potential consumer vacancies.
- Develops and implements service plan within 30 days of moving in, annually, when significant changes occur, and when moving out.
- Demonstrates knowledge of contractual, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors to ensure all service sites deliver services in accordance with contractual, legal and regulation requirements.
- Implements/coordinates any necessary plans of correction from a regulatory body.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ResCare mission and ResCare Quality Way by creating direction. Demonstrates organization’s commitment and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ResCare mission and ResCare Quality by customer focus. Demonstrates customer service orientation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ResCare mission and ResCare Quality Way by face to face communication. Facilitates 1:1 interactions with peers, superiors, and subordinates.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ResCare mission and ResCare Quality Way by managing for outcomes. Is aware of quality indicators and achieves results.
- Demonstrates an understanding of person(s) served rights, protection, and safety.
- Monitors all incident reports to ensure patterns of incidents are addressed.
- Shares all incident reports with appropriate external agencies (area programs, social services, etc.) when necessary and appropriate.
- Participates in regularly scheduled regional safety committee meetings.
- Incidents of consumer abuse, neglect or mistreatment are investigated in a timely and thorough manner. Plan of Correction is initiated to prevent recurrences.
- Monitors/implements/supervises delivery of service plans and personal futures plan and training of staff.
- Ensures all written training programs are implemented and revised as needed.
- Documents consumer progress or regression. Initiates discharge planning if appropriate. Maintains records appropriately.
- Maintains fiscal spending within limits of approved budget; e.g. household expenses and repairs, vehicle expenses, personnel costs, consultant services, etc.
- Monitors worker’s compensation and unemployment claims for assigned service site(s). Is proactive in efforts to reduce claims and minimize risk/exposure of agency in these areas.
- Monitors all consumer finance documentation.
- Monitors budget variance reports to ensure accuracy.
- Implements/monitors compliance with ResCare Health and Safety programs.
- Attends industry functions to promote positive relationships with other providers.
- Develops positive relationships with all funding sources to promote new business.
- Uses leadership and communication skills to motivate team members toward agency objectives.
- Utilizes problem solving/mediation skills when employee to employee conflict arises.
- Monitors exit interview results and investigate areas of concern that may be identified through this process.
- Fosters team spirit and company pride among team members and agency.
- Manages budgeted staff hours to provide effective and efficient service delivery.
- Implements staff recruitment and retention programs to promote positive work environment.
- Espouse ResCare Mission and ResCare Quality Way.
- Oversee/participate in the hiring process of all assigned positions in accordance with ResCare policy and local, state, and federal employment law.
- Actively works toward achieving/maintaining Affirmative Action goals within assigned service site(s).
- Ensure all assigned staff receives training and supervision as needed to meet performance expectations.
- Recognizes staff with Pro team, performance management evaluations, individual development goals, etc.
- Ensure assigned staff is evaluated fairly and timely in accordance with ResCare performance evaluation procedures.
- Ensures that all information from upper management is conveyed to employees as applicable and appropriate.
- Ensures that all job opportunity listings are shared with employees.
- Maintains and/or monitors training reports to ensure timely training of staff for all assigned service sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of two years of verifiable work experience providing services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities. One year previous supervisory experience preferred. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Must be able to travel between service sites, staying overnight as necessary. Experience in managing systems, processes, and people. Working knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations concerning services to individuals with intellectual and/or other developmental disabilities. Must have good organizational skills and attention to detail, proven supervisory skills, and be capable of working flexible hours, covering direct care shifts as necessary.
BA/BS in Business, Health Care Administration, or Social Services. High school diploma or GED equivalent and three years of related job experience may be substituted per area regulations. Exceptions must have written approval from Regional Management.
Valid driver’s license from state of residence with a satisfactory driving record as defined by ResCare’s vehicle policy and/or liability insurance carrier.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.2821 Whipple Avenue NW , Canton, OH 44708-6215 USA
Location/Region: Canton, OH (US)